Tuesday 17 August 2010

AMAREKAAAAA !!!!!!!



When compared to most of the better known soccer leagues, the Malaysia Super League doesn't hold it's own. However, Mark Suarkeo and I (two Americans) found out that there is a rabid fan base here. Ironically, the place went nuts about 15 minutes prior to kickoff and the cheer/roar seemed to follow Mark and I as we walked around the stadium to our seats. Turned out the fans were cheering for me! They hadn't seen a white guy at a game there in years, a vendor told us. The fans talked to Mark in their traditional Malay language, as they thought Mark was my translator! He is born in Chicago and only speaks English though. It was awesome. I got standing ovations for coming and one guy even ran up behind me to touch me (as if I wasn't real). People were asking to take photos with me, etc, because I was white. All in all, the fans treated us well and we had a blast!

The game featured Kuala Lumpur FC and Kelantan at Stadium Bolasepak Kuala Lumpur, Cheras. Oddly enough, FC was the home team yet every fan had red on, sporting Kelantan colors. Seems Kelantan is like the NY Yankees; everyone loves them, no matter where they play. All in all, what a blast. Malaysia soccer fans have tons of spirit and told me they only miss the World Cup each year, because their players are too small.

PAHAM???

8 comments:

aFiQ said...

pham..mner ko dpt ni pert?style2!

SangKunang said...

aku masuk stadium ngan mamat saleh nih.. hehe...

kudabesi said...

NY Yankee? hip hop huhu

NY yankee ada Babe Ruth, dlm masa 5-10 taun. K'tan RW perlu melagendakan seorang player.

then, miracles work itself

SangKunang said...

hip hop haaa..

ye tol tuh.. seorang lagenda sedang dilahirkan...

dah kelantan memang menuju ke arah itu..
hoho

MeteorX said...

kalo kelantan = yankee..kena la cari team yang boleh jadi red sox pulak..baru ada fight bila lawan bola

Boyakhitam said...

hebat...baca jer bulu roma ku berdiri tegak.....

DeliMania said...

Selangor ade.. bukan red sox. tapi red POrK..

haha

SangKunang said...

NinjaBikers: Memang dah fight skrg ni pon. ada selangor, ada kedah, ada terengganu sebagai pencabar.

Boyak: hehe, mungkin satu hari nanti pasukan2 lain pun akan jadi macam ni. I mean, meriah dari sokongan peminat.

DeliMania: ???